Me đŸ€ Gaia

 


Hi!!


Transfers are tomorrow!! I'm leaving Aveiro!! I'm going to Gaia up north!! Sooo many mixed emotions gente. I love it here and am so sad to leave. But I'm going to Gaia!!! And living in the same house as Sister Cornell!!! Are we kidding?? I do not understand how I am so blessed. Now instead of waiting until pday to ask her all of my portuguese questions I can just ask her in personđŸ„°đŸ„° đŸ˜­đŸ˜­đŸ„łđŸ„ł lol but for real, our soda tumblers are going to be so happy to be reunited. 

I've spent 3 transfers here! A whole quarter of my mission!! One with Sister Adib, and 2 with Sister Smith opening a new area. 

A short list of some of the many things I learned here:
- Sister Nielson teaches full on lessons in Portuguese while she sleeps. This girl never gets a break. 
- Member meals = good.
- Lots of beans and rice = bad for the digestive system. 
- The importance of DILIGENCE. 
- Literally everything can be solved with some soda and a good long personal study. 
- The power of the Book of Mormon. I always am and will continue to be blown away by how our Heavenly Father is able to answer our prayers and speak to us through this book.
- I love Portuguese! Even though I honestly kinda suck at it.
- The importance of growing where you're planted. Comparison to others and their circumstances is not productive.
- Invite people to be baptized! It's not scary!
- Taking life one day at a time. Or really, one 30 minute chunk at a time. 
- Everything comes back to the restoration of the church. Every single one of us needs a testimony of the restoration!! 

General Conference was SO GOOD. I can't wait to start reading all the talks again. I'd have to say that my highlight for the week, other than general conference pois, was all of our lessons with our recent converts, Cristina, Danilo, and Venkatesh. 

I HAVE NEVER SEEN THEM SO HAPPY. The difference in them is visible, they were literally beaming. Cristina was literally skipping into our lesson. And they even told us too that this week (their first week as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ) they have seen a difference in themselves. 

Cristina said, "I've neeever been so happy." Danilo said, "People told me that after I'm baptized, my life would be different. And they were right. Everything is different. Even my thoughts are different." Venkatesh said, "Without the scriptures and church, I know and I FEEL that I'm missing something." Nothing about their job circumstances, or family circumstances changed, but the focus of their lives did as they entered into a covenant with our Heavenly Father. I have felt so much joy knowing them, teaching them. I wrote Venkatesh a note on the day of his baptism with a picture of Jesus, and during our videocall he pulled out his backpack and showed us that he takes that note with him wherever he goes. Sooo tender. It's amazing because as I've seen their testimony grow, mine has grown and strengthened in ways I never would have imagined. Being raised in the church, I've taken the "glorious truths" that we know for granted. Elder Kevin R. Duncan yesterday said that we need to see these truths through the eyes of those learning about them for the first time. This gospel is so happy!!! And my recent converts have helped me remember that. 

In Thessalonians, the apostle Paul is talking as a missionary, to his recent converts. Mal showed me these chapters and I love them so much. 

"We were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts... we were willing to have imparted unto you, not the gospel of God only, but also our own souls, because ye were dear unto us... we exhorted and comforted and charged every one of you... For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye recieved the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God... For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming? For ye are our glory and joy."

D&C 18:15-16
15 And if it so be that you should labor all of your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father! 
16 And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!

My recent converts are my glory and my joy đŸ„° and how GREAT is my joy. đŸ„°

❤️Sister Menden

Pics!
- Sister Menden and Sister Menden
- family history night!
- Me and Sister Smith walking to the church building with our candy necklaces đŸ„° 
- A lot of our friends came to watch conference with us at the church building! Including this cute African family that only speaks english so we turned the computer on for them to watch. So cute. 
- Because of conference, I wasn't able to say bye to any of the members really đŸ˜­ Only Cristina đŸ˜­ She bought me a cute journal as a bye bye gift đŸ˜­
- Tchau Aveiro đŸ„Č















Extra pictures from the last week in Aveiro...












Comments