July no Algrave 🥵🥵

 

Olá gente boa!


Transfer number 2 in Faro!! With Sister Webster!! I´m hyped!! 

I´ve been thinking a lot about this past transfer and I feel like in these past 6 weeks, I have learned how to really TRUST in the Spirit. You´d think after this much time on the mission, I´d have mastered how to do it all. But the reality is that Satan literally never stops putting doubts and fears in my mind that I won´t know what to say or do. I´ve seen myself improve in all aspects of missionary work as I´ve been more confident that the Spirit will give me the words "in the very moment" that I will need them, and that has been super cool for me to see. 

D&C 100
4 Therefore, I, the Lord, have suffered you to come unto this place(Faro!); for thus it was expedient in me for the salvation of souls. 
5 Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men; 
6 For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say. 
7 But a commandment I give unto you, that ye shall declare whatsoever thing ye declare in my name, in solemnity of heart, in the spirit of meekness, in all things. 
8 And I give unto you this promise, that inasmuch as ye do this the Holy Ghost shall be shed forth in bearing record unto all things whatsoever ye shall say.

Do I have stories for you guys! Mom actually would you be willing to take out these stories of Celia and Domingos in my big group email? I feel like I would probably be sharing too much information of their lives. But you can put everything on my mission blog! 

Célia is our friend who we´ve been teaching this whole past transfer. Sister Webster and her old comp found her the week of transfers, so Sister Webster and I have taught her everything. Célia takes care of this older lady that we always called Mãe, and she is just the cutest most tenderest old Portuguese lady, that always kissed our hand when we came and left her house. I´m not sure what combination of sicknesses she had, but she was there mentally, just couldn´t speak. We had all of Célias lessons in Mães apartment because Célia lived there practically taking care of her. Célia has been so fun to teach because we were literally answer to her prayers! She prayed to God asking how she could serve Him better and then the Sisters show up! She has loved learning about the gospel and studying with us, she loves the Book of Mormon, loves coming to church, but she just never has been able to fully grasp the importance of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. She keeps telling us that she hasn't received an answer about the church, but her answer is right in front of her face!! She just can´t see it!! Mãe was there during all of the lessons, and some lessons were better than others, but Sister Webster and I were always convinced that she would receive the gospel if she was able. Last week, during our exchange with the SAP´s, Sister Webster and Sister Cornell taught Célia and Mãe and during this lesson, Célia told them that she feels like she's leading us on and will never ever ever be baptized into the church. 💔💔 We were soo sad and were about to stop teaching her, when this week, Célia told us during the day that Mãe wasn´t doing so well, so she took her to the hospital. and then we came to find out later that night that Mãe passed away. The next day we went to visit Célia and it was so sad to be there without Mãe. Tears were shed, but even with tears in my eyes, I was so happy to testify of the beautiful plan that our loving Heavenly Father has prepared for us!! and to testify that Jesus Christ "is the light and life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death" (Mosiah 16:9)!! Célia told us that she knows that God has prepared a way for Mãe, and that He sent us to help her pass from this life to the next. She can see the Lord´s hand in the life of Mãe, but she just cant see how the Lord has prepared a way for her just as He has with Mãe! I do not think that it was a coincidence that Mãe passed away only a week after Célia announced she would not be baptized. If the passing of Mãe hasn´t helped Célia realize what´s right here in front of her, I don´t know what will. It's so cute to imagine Mãe in the spirit world finally learning and being able to act on the truth she knows 🥲

You guys need an update on Domingos. Domingos is our friend who should be baptized já but actually now has a baptismal date for August and is the most elect person ever that learned about the law of chastity in the bible 6 years ago. He's the one that is still living with his "partner," Maria. This man is so pure. He told us about a dream he had last week where he was walking and went to open his wallet, and immediately two hearts went flying up towards the sky. He told us he knew that those hearts were our hearts because we are so pure and so diligently on the Lord's path. And then he said he dug around in the wallet and a third heart came out and shot up towards the sky but a little slower this time. He said that this heart was his, a lot less pure, slower, but on the path, following the Sisters. Isn't that so pure??

We warned him that things with Maria would only get harder and worse, as the adversary will continue to work hard for him to not be baptized, and things have. He has to sneak out of the house to go to church otherwise she goes absolutely insane. And when we call to do videocalls the first couple minutes of the call we can hear her screaming insults at us from off camera while he asks her to leave. We called him this week to confirm our lesson and she answered the phone and told us that the next time we call she's going to call the police and that was a very scary phone call. And then! Domingos messaged us saying that he is now looking for a new apartment and needs to leave asap because the night before, Maria got on her knees, and invoked demons for our death, me and Sister Webster specifically. That is the most terrifying thing I have ever heard. I'm glad that as missionaries we are especially protected because that is so scary. I can't believe Domingos has been living that house without the Spirit for so long. I know the Lord protects His missionaries!! Pray that he finds a new apartment soon!!

Miracles from the week:
- Did our weekly planning at Burger King (one of the only places that allows free refills 😍).
- One of our friends brought his friend to one of our lessons unannounced 🙏 
- Everything magically worked out so that when we passed by the house of our friend who is super super busy with work, she just happened to be arriving home at the exact same time. And we were able to teach her also with her friend. 🙏
- Had members meals with some of my fav members.
- Found a new friend to teach through family history.
- Visited a less active member who had found the church through family history. 
- A different less active lady randomly showed up to the church one day saying she wants to come back and asked for a tithing envelope so she can start paying tithing again. 
- All of our lessons fell through so that we could go visit Célia after Mãe passed away. 
- Sister Webster and I are going to stay together this transfer!!
- Had a REALLY powerful restoration lesson over videocall. 
- After a long afternoon on the rua, we delivered cookies we had made to members and it was so happy to go see people that were actually happy to see us lol. ❤️‍🔥
- This transfer the mission schedule is changing!! So that we are out on the street working earlier in the day! We started the new schedule and WE HAVE ALREADY SEEN SO MANY MIRACLES. On Saturday morning, we got invited into 2 houses and taught 2 super awesome lessons and found 2 whole new families to teach!! We are so excited. 
- Found a really cute deaf man on the street who recognized the missionaries!! then HE CAME TO CHURCH!! We're gonna teach him this week!!

This week, we have faced a loooot of rejection. Coming from people on the street, at peoples doors, from our own friends, and even from our friend's families. And they have been way eviler types of rejection than normal. And it's sad!! I just don't understand sometimes why these people are so evil and hard hearted when we are trying to share a message that will undoubtedly change their lives. Sorry guys so many scriptures but I just love them too much and they keep coming to mind. I love these scriptures about Alma preaching the gospel. 

Alma 8
13 Now when the people had said this, and withstood all his words, and reviled him, and spit upon him, (or kissed upon, literally a man was so rude to us on the street and then before I could say no, he grabbed my hand and kissed it. And then when Sister Webster denied his hand kiss he got so offended.) and caused that he should be cast out of their city, he departed thence and took his journey towards the city which was called Aaron.
14 And it came to pass that while he was journeying thither, being weighed down with sorrow, wading through much tribulation and anguish of soul, because of the wickedness of the people who were in the city of Ammonihah, it came to pass while Alma was thus weighed down with sorrow, behold an angel of the Lord appeared unto him, saying: 
15 Blessed art thou, Alma; therefore, lift up thy head and rejoice, for thou hast great cause to rejoice; for thou hast been faithful in keeping the commandments of God from the time which thou receivedst thy first message from him. Behold, I am he that delivered it unto you.

I know I have great cause to rejoice. This gospel is tão bom!! Look at all the miracles we've seen this week!! I've had this scripture in my phone case for a while now, and I've found lots of comfort in it's words. 

D&C 24:12
And at all times, and in all places, he shall open his mouth and declare my gospel as with the voice of a trump, both day and night. And I will give unto him strength such as is not known among men.

Looking back at my week now, its obvious to me that I have had powers beyond my own, that is for sure!! Just like an angel appeared to Alma, I know that there are angels at my side for my protection and to give me added strength that is "not known among men."

Beijinhos
Sister Menden

Looking at these pictures just now made me tear up I'm gonna miss it here one day 🥲🥲














Comments