πŸƒ‍♀️πŸƒ‍♀️πŸƒ‍♀️

 

Oiii


I feel like we are already 8 weeks into the transfer just because of all of the millions of things we've already done. On Wednesday we had an exchange with Olhao and then Thursday we travelled to Albufeira for our exchange with the Sisters there on Friday and then Saturday morning we travelled to Lisboa to go to the temple!!! πŸ˜­πŸ˜­ with Sister Hagedorn's recent convert and then back in the same day! It's been so busy and stressful and so so good. 

An update you've all been waiting for on the cutest most tenderest families that we are teaching. 

Viviane and Erik and Erikzinho!
They can not get baptized until either Viviane and Erikzinho move out, or big Erik steps it up and does his part for their wedding. Viviane has been heartbroken allll week knowing that their baptism has to be put off for now. It's sad, but I have no doubt in my mind that they will be getting baptized. This week Erikzinho (who is only 9 but so freaking smart) asked about serving a mission one day πŸ˜­πŸ˜­ I literally can not describe the joy that was in my heart when I heard that. Big Erik was talking about how Erikzinho is "on the path" and how he'll receive the Aaronic Priesthood when the time comes and oh my gosh you guys I think I finally understand why Preach My Gospel says that we must "Strive to find and teach families—a father, mother, and children—who can support one another in living the gospel and eventually be sealed as a family unit by restored priesthood authority." Because I've found so so much joy in seeing them learn about the gospel TOGETHER and so much joy in imagining Erikzinho being raised in the church and being a first generation missionary. 

Viviane and Yasmin!
The situation with Viviane and her not husband is difficult. And she knows that because of the law of chastity she can't be baptized right now, but she is fully supportive of Yasmin being baptized!! And Yasmin will be baptized this next Sunday!! It has been the most tenderest thing because there is only really 1 girl in young woman's right now, and she is exactly Yasmin's age (14) and they have been messaging during the week and they sit together during sacrament meeting and it makes my heart so happy. With our now reoccurring missionary correlation meetings(!!), this baptism is going to be so well planned and sooo good. 

This Saturday we went to the temple and we did baptisms and I am always overwhelmed with emotion going into the temple. It just feels like home. If the mission has taught me anything it's that I never want to go without regular temple attendance. 

This transfer as a zone, we are studying and developing and working on a Christ-like attribute every week! And this week we studied love or charity. I have been studying 3 Nephi and have been learning so much from the Savior's example. The Savior loved these people. Absolutely loved them. 3 Nephi 17 has always been one of my favorite chapters in the Book of Mormon for maany reasons, but I love how it shows how He shows His love for them.  

3 Nephi 17
5 And it came to pass that when Jesus had thus spoken, he cast his eyes round about again on the multitude, and beheld they were in tears, and did look steadfastly upon him as if they would ask him to tarry a little longer with them.

9 And it came to pass that when he had thus spoken, all the multitude, with one accord, did go forth with their sick and their afflicted, and their lame, and with their blind, and with their dumb, and with all them that were afflicted in any manner; and he did heal them every one as they were brought forth unto him.

16 And after this manner do they bear record: The eye hath never seen, neither hath the ear heard, before, so great and marvelous things as we saw and heard Jesus speak unto the Father; 
17 And no tongue can speak, neither can there be written by any man, neither can the hearts of men conceive so great and marvelous things as we both saw and heard Jesus speak; and no one can conceive of the joy which filled our souls at the time we heard him pray for us unto the Father.

21 And when he had said these words, he wept, and the multitude bare record of it, and he took their little children, one by one, and blessed them, and prayed unto the Father for them. 
22 And when he had done this he wept again;

I've been thinking a lot about these verses as I've been ministering to the Sisters on our divisions. I've been trying my hardest to show my love and seek the Spirit in all aspects of work especially during exchanges. More than just following the Spirit during lessons, but as we are walking on the street, what does the Spirit want me to say, what do I need to ask to help these Sisters, what are they needing from me, all of the things. I found this scripture in the missionary standards and it is my new favorite. 

D&C 108:7
Therefore, strengthen your brethren in all your conversation, in all your prayers, in all your exhortations, and in all your doings.

D&C 112
10 Be thou humble; and the Lord thy God shall lead thee by the hand, and give thee answer to thy prayers. 
11 I know thy heart, and have heard thy prayers concerning thy brethren. Be not partial towards them in love above many others, but let thy love be for them as for thyself; and let thy love abound unto all men, and unto all who love my name.
14 Now, I say unto you, and what I say unto you, I say unto all the Twelve: Arise and gird up your loins, take up your cross, follow me, and feed my sheep.

πŸ«ΆπŸ«‚πŸ₯°
Sister Menden

Pics!
- This is for everyone who doesn't believe that I have GREY HAIRS I DO HELP
- Exchange with Sister Arrington!! She is a greenie and we taught the law of chastity twice during our exchange πŸ’ͺ She's a mΓ‘quina.
- Exchange with Sister Shaffer!! 
- The Albufeira sun bro 
- We were at the mall doing some contacts and we found the other Sisters doing a videocall and isn't that just so pretty??? I can't believe I'm serving a mission here. 
- The temple πŸ˜­πŸ«Ά
- The ZLs! 

















Comments