Happy Thanksgiving πŸŽ…πŸͺπŸ₯›

 


Hi!!


Today we had zone pday!! They don't actually celebrate Thanksgiving here though, so it's pretty much been Christmas since Halloween. I have had no time for this email because look at this feast (kinda) we did today!! I'll send pics!! πŸ€—

This week I had an exchange with Sister Harmon!! I learned SO MUCH from her. We both go home this transfer and we spent the whole day sharing experiences we had and miracles we've seen and testimonies that were strengthened. Moroni 10:3 has become one of my favorite scriptures on my mission: "that ye would remember how merciful the Lord hath been unto the children of men, from the creation of Adam even down until the time that ye shall receive these things, and ponder it in your hearts." It was a good day of lots of pondering πŸ₯°

I had an exchange with Sister Shaffer this week!! I have been lucky enough to do 3 divisions with her jΓ‘!! One down in the south and 2 up here in the north. Our exchange was on her birthday πŸ₯³πŸ₯³ and it was such a good day. We made some good exchange goals and worked hard to do them!! One of our goals was to at least greet every single person on the street. There was an older lady that passed us that we weren't able to say "bom dia" to so we ran back and talked to her and after our convo she was sooo happy and said "My day was already made." It was so cute and a good reminder of why we are here working in this labor of love. 

On Saturday we went to the temple with our recent convert AmΓ©lia πŸ₯°πŸ₯° and 2 members came too to help her!! I love the peace we find in the temple I can't wait to go more often. 

This weekend, I was so so sad to hear that Grandma Alice passed away, living to 102 years old! πŸ₯² To hear that someone has passed away, is shocking, and saddening, and I was reminded of the importance of the truths that were restored about the plan of salvation, or rather the plan of happiness!! There is a time to mourn, a time to break down, a time to refrain from embracing, but I also know that there is a time to rejoice, and a time to build up, and a time to laugh and dance, and to embrace once again. (Ecclesiastes 3) I know we can find peace and rest in this plan that Heavenly Father has prepared for us, peace and rest in our Savior Jesus Christ.

I was listening to the choir at temple square on Sunday and I was reminded of the power in the words of the hymn "True to the Faith."

Shall the youth of Zion falter
In defending truth and right?
While the enemy assaileth,
Shall we shrink or shun the fight? No!

While we know the pow’rs of darkness
Seek to thwart the work of God,
Shall the children of the promise
Cease to grasp the iron rod? No!

We will strive to be found worthy
Of the kingdom of our Lord,
With the faithful ones redeemed
Who have loved and kept his word. Yes!

True to the faith that our parents have cherished,
True to the truth for which martyrs have perished,
To God’s command,
Soul, heart, and hand,
Faithful and true we will ever stand.

I love you guys! I'm praying for you!
🩷 Sister Menden
























Comments