Conferência Geral 😀

 


Hi!!


THIS WEEK WAS SO GOOD. 🫂 We have been so busy and it feels sooo good and it's so fun. 🥰 

Lots of things I'm grateful for this week and every week:
- My personal study time every day. That hour is sacred. 🫶
- I'm grateful for how super Portuguese it is here. I love the south but I have missed Portuguese people and their accent lol. 
- Councils!! We have lots of councils every week, district council, council with the zl's, zone council, and this week we had mission leadership council. (Ok this might be embarrassing because I can't remember which counsel or council. In Portuguese it's conselho so forgive me if Im just super wrong.) It's so amazing to all receive revelation together. and how sometimes one idea needs to be refined by everyone and their ideas for the Spirit to confirm it.
- I'm grateful for goals!!! Opportunities to change!! grow!!
- I'm grateful for the grey dot who's ring tone is All too Well 10 minute version. Saudades 🥲🥲
- I am grateful that sometimes, my answers come from inspired friends, companions, or family members. I had an exchange this week with Sister Webster again!! Que bênção!! And that lady never ceases to amaze me. She has made the biggest impact on my mission. 
- Sister Nielson 🩷 I'm learning so much from her and her example. 
- I am grateful for teaching lessons!! I'm convinced I learn more than our friends do. Sister Webster and I taught a lesson on our division and it was so powerful. We taught about the restoration of the church of Jesus Christ and then explained that this weekend, our living prophet and the 12 apostles were going to speak to us!! This cute lady from Santo May was so thrilled!! Literally beaming!! To find out that the conference was this weekend and that she could watch!! Her excitement reminded me of how I should be more grateful for our prophet and the knowledge I have that He is indeed a man called of God. Sister Nielson and I taught one of our friends and had a cute recent convert help in the lesson. I have learned SO MUCH from this recent convert! She was baptized last year and she is 18 and filling out her mission papers!! In the lesson she bore such a strong testimony of paying tithing and fulfilling your calling. At just 18! She saw a picture of a new temple that was dedicated recently and said "That was me! I helped! My 5 euros last month helped!!" 🤗🤗 and she was like 🥰🥰 and we all sat there like 🥲🥲
- I am grateful for street contacts!! I love street contacts!! I'm going to be so sad when I'm released and I can't just stop people and testify of Jesus Christ!! I love talking to people and getting to know more of Heavenly Father's children. 
- Im grateful for the air I breath, the bed I sleep in, and the soda in my tumbler. 
- Grateful for being raised in a family where Jesus Christ was not just a Sunday topic. 
- All the people in my life that are diligent, converted, disciples of Jesus Christ, and are examples to me of "they of the last wagon." 
- I'm grateful for the prayer that was offered at the end of the Sunday morning session and then when the choir sang "Come Thou Fount." 
- I am so grateful for being a full-time missionary! A full-time representative of Jesus Christ! I'm grateful for the fact that all day everyday, I'm focused and thinking of and bearing testimony of Jesus Christ.

I received so many answers to my questions during general conference!!! And one that I received is that these next two transfers, I want to have a much better attitude of gratitude. I can't make time slow down but showing more gratitude will help me take advantage of every minute 🩷

🫶Sister Menden

Pics!
- Last pday!
- MLC! For some reason Presidente asked me to lead?? It was way awkward because I didn't really feel like it was my place but oh well lol
- Our friend Duarte!! The oldest cutest Portuguese man that only uses vos form. He is 93 and just had a heart surgery and is going to get baptized at the end of the month after he recovers!! 
- Our perfect friend Amélia who is going to be baptized on Sunday!! She is the definition of an eleito. 
- Exchange with Sister Webster in Queluz in Lisboa!!
- Our friend Guilherme who is getting baptized with his son in a couple weeks!! It's kinda cute because Sister Cornell baptized one of Guilhermes sons when she was here! 
- General conf!! Mom sent us Ben and Jerry's 😭🫂
- Back in Porto today! 



















Comments