My last transfer 😱😱

 


Hi!! 


On Wednesday we had a little meeting with the whole mission and President announced that next July our mission is going to be divided in two!! πŸ˜±πŸ˜± Right now the Lisbon Portugal Mission covers all of Portugal. But it'll be divided into Lisbon and Porto next year and I definitely teared up hearing the news πŸ₯² President said that the first presidency wanted the missionaries to know before it was announced to the stake presidents and on church news πŸ₯² This is a big deal!! Estamos nos ΓΊltimos dias!! How cool is it that we can participate in the most important work that's taking place on the earth?? Are You Sleeping through the Restoration? (https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/study/general-conference/2014/04/are-you-sleeping-through-the-restoration?lang=eng)

Sister Nielson left me to go be SAP πŸ‘‘ and I cried on the train to Lisbon and then I cried when I said bye. πŸ˜­

Because Sister Nielson had to go down early to take Sister Webster's place (πŸ‘‘), I spent the day in Tejo!! My baby area!! And get this!! My recent concert from Tejo (who had moved to Cape Verde) moved back to Lisbon and WE HAD A LESSON WITH HER and then the cute member family that fed me every week during my training had dinner with us that night πŸ˜­ I am just so blessed. Full circle moment πŸ₯°

My new compy is Sister Jones!! And she is the best. I already have done an exchange with her down in the south!! This'll be her first transfer as an STL and it's gonna be a good one πŸ€—πŸ€— 

This week, I started My Plan and I cried. I have a feeling I'll be doing lots of crying this transfer. I have made lots of anti-trunky goals πŸ˜€

Guys this week, Carlos was baptized πŸ˜­ This man has changed my mission. I have learned SO much from him. He was one of the friends that we put on date for baptism on my birthday on October 18th. Carlos received a mighty spiritual preparation for the gospel of Jesus Christ. He told us that the months before meeting the missionaries he already started having the desire to leave drinking and smoking behind, so he stopped. Carlos is a big, tough looking Brazilian guy and I have literally seen his disposition change, more than I have ever seen on the mission. Look at these pictures and tell me they don't make you tear up. πŸ₯² I hope we can make it to the temple with him this transfer πŸƒ‍♀️πŸƒ‍♀️

I love reading preach my gospel. This book is so good!! I remember when I was younger, mom gave us all little Preach My Gospels. But I never read it πŸ€­and I didn't until my mission prep class at BYU. Youth need to read this book!! You guys need to read it!! You guys need to use it in more youth activities and lessons!! Start here πŸ‘‡

Chapter 3: Lesson 1—The Message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ


🩷Sister Menden 

Pics!
- Sister Nielson and I went trick or treating πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯° hahahaha
- tejo!! SΓƒO!! FamΓ­lia Nery!! 
- last transfers ever πŸ˜±
- Sister Jones! 
- batismo de Carlos!! πŸ₯°πŸ₯°
- the messages he sent us after he was confirmed at church on Sunday πŸ₯ΉπŸ₯ΉπŸ₯Ή















Comments