Gatos de Gaia ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป


Bom dia pessoal!! 


First week in Gaia!! The first week in a new area is always so long!! lolsies!! Wooow I love it here. I have missed serving in the city city. I am so lucky to have been able to serve in the heart of Lisbon and then now to be here only two metro stops away from the heart of Porto!!!

I'm comps with Sister Larson and she is the sweetest person ever! She is only one transfer younger than me on the mish and this will be her 3rd transfer here in Gaia jรก. We area and ward and house share with Sister Cornell and her comp Sis Oliphant, the STL's!!! It's soooo fun. I'm so blessed. I'm trying to aproveitar so hard you guys. 

Pros of Gaia:
- Sister Cornell ๐Ÿฅฐ
- The metro (I was sooo done with the trains in Aveiro ๐Ÿซ )
- A beautiful real church building with a baptismal font. 
-  The Burger King a literal 3 minute walk from the church building are we kidding. 
- We have a couch bless up you guys. I've been praying for a couch. 

Cons of Gaia:
- Sister Cornell ๐Ÿคข
- The metro (The metro is literally on our doorstep and when it arrives, it is SO FREAKING LOUD. Lost many hours of precious sleep.)
- In Aveiro we somehow amazingly had never ending hot water and that's not the case here unfortunately. Tristeza. 
- Our one friend Anthonielli who has caused lot's of stress this week who has a baptismal date but told us that we are going to be condemned and that God is going to spit in our faces because we won't give her money. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

Gaia and Aveiro are veeery different. While there are still lots of immigrants here, there's definitely wayyy more portuguese people which makes everything a little harder lol. We taught sooo much in Aveiro and were always sooo busy. We do lots of finding here, a lot like when I was in Tejo, and I forgot what it is like to have so much finding in one day. It's been an adjustment for sure!! But also its been really fun!! Makes me realize how much I really love teaching and I appreciate our lessons a lot more when we have them. 

That being said we have 2 super awesome friends on date for baptism on the 22nd of this month!! Which is actually so insane!! That was a nice little surprise for me!! Bless up ๐Ÿ™ 

This Easter, this quote from a talk by President Packer has been on my mind and I just wanna share it with you guys ๐Ÿฅฐ

"When the heavens were opened and the Father and the Son stood before Joseph Smith, the Father spoke seven words: “This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!” Revelation followed revelation, and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was organized. He Himself declared it to be “the only true and living church upon the face of the whole earth.” Peter, James, and John restored the higher priesthood, and John the Baptist the Aaronic Priesthood. The fulness of the gospel was revealed. 

Following the revelations which came and yet come to His Church, all that has been printed or preached or sung or built or taught or broadcast has been to the end that men and women and children can know the redeeming influence of the Atonement of Christ in their everyday lives and be at peace."

❤️Sister Menden






























Comments